Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Will Not Say, "I Told You So."

If Senator Obama wins the election today to become the next President of the United States, I believe that the magic pixie dust surrounding him will slowly start to disintegrate. As he enacts some of his far left policies and the repercussions begin to hurt American lives, there are going to be people that cry out, "How could we know this was going to happen?"

I'm going to be tempted to say, "I told you so." But I don't need to. It's already been said.


When energy costs skyrocket, when gas is $8 a gallon and electricity rates are doubled, I'll say, "Obama told you so."

When I was asked earlier about the issue of coal…under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket…even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad, because I’m capping greenhouse gasses, coal power plants, natural gas…you name it…whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to retro-fit their operations. -Obama, Jan. 2008



When we're attacked by middle eastern terrorists on a regular basis (like we were during the Clinton Administration), I will say, "Biden told you so."
Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America... Remember I said it standing here if you don’t remember anything else I said. Watch, we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. -Biden, Oct. 2008


When people diagnosed with cancer have to wait weeks or months to begin treatment due to the slow moving process of socialized, universal health care, I'll say, "Obama told you so."
I am absolutely determined that by the end of the first term of the next president, we should have universal health care in this country...The time has come for universal health care in America. -Obama, Jan. 2007


When unemployment goes up because businesses are unable to afford his income and capital gains tax hikes, while at the same time actually paying their employees, I'll say, "Obama told you so."
I will raise CEO taxes. There is no doubt about it. -Obama on CNN, May 2008


When Obama appoints questionable characters to his cabinet and to the US Supreme Court, and grants Presidential pardons to monsters that should be locked away from society, I'll say, "Obama told you so."
In both his (Jeremiah Wright) case and Father Pfleger's case, they've done great work in the community, and I worked in some very poor communities. That's how I got to know these folks because I was working in these neighborhoods. Obama, Sept 2008

I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.
Obama speaking to ACORN, Nov. 2007

[It] never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth … It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution. -
Obama's view of the Supreme Court, Sept. 2001



When people start to wonder why the alcoholic dad down the street (the one whom everyone suspects is molesting his 9 year old daughter but no one can prove it) is getting a welfare check from the government paid for by a small business that had to lay off half a dozen employees to provide that check to that man, I'll say, "Obama told Joe the Plumber."
It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody that is behind you, that they have a chance for success too. I think that when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everyone. -Obama, Oct. 2008



When people start to wonder if he was ready to become the leader of the free world, I'll say, "Obama told you so."
I was elected yesterday. . . . I have never set foot in the U.S. Senate. I’ve never worked in Washington. And the notion that somehow I’m immediately going to start running for higher office just doesn’t make sense. So look, I can unequivocally say I will not be running for national office in four years, and my entire focus is making sure that I’m the best possible senator on behalf of the people of Illinois. . . . I am not running for president in 2008. -Barack Obama, Nov. 4, 2004

2 comments:

Faith said...

"When people with cancer have to wait weeks or months..." are you kidding me? Growing up in Scotland , with National Healthcare, I tell you it will be months to years!

JNJIMallonFamilyBlog said...

Wow! Aren't we so excited. I think we might move to Dubai where Jonathan can work w/o paying taxes.